Tuesday 3 September 2013

A first review of Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter A-Peel

When I wore Darling Diva Little Red Corvette last week I did my first test of Glitter A-Peel which is a peel off base polish.

I applied two coats of Glitter A-Peel and let it get fairly dry before applying my glitter polish. I finished my manicure with two coats of Seche Vite.

Almost 24 hours later I took my orange stick and started peeling. I had a bit of a struggle to get that first grip under the polish with the stick but once I was under the polish I could fairly easy continue peeling.

In my imagination the glitter polish would remove in one large piece as I had seen on other blogs but in my case I had to peel the glitter polish in rather small pieces.


I'm not quite sure of the reason for this and I guess the reasons could be many so I will keep trying Glitter A-Peel with different scenarios. I will keep you posted of course!

Even though the polish was removed in small pieces it was still fairly easy to remove almost everything. However, I had to use more force than I thought though. I was actually a bit sweaty when I had removed everything ;)


There was almost no damage to the nails at all. Only tiny marks at the cuticles were I first inserted the orange stick to be able to start peeling.


So far my conclusion is this:
Glitter A-Peel is a good but not yet perfect alternative to the foil method for removing glitter polishes. I'm not sure what's most unhealthy to your nails, a long soak in remover or marks from an orange stick ;) If I can work out how to use Glitter A-Peel to perfection I'd rather use this than foil packs. Less mess and possibly more environmentally friendly :)

Have you tried Glitter A-Peel?
What are your thoughts on this?

7 comments:

  1. Jag har det inte själv men är bra sugen att testa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jag är väldigt nöjd med mitt glitter A-peel. Hur lätt det är att ta bort tror jag beror på hur tjocka lager man har lagt från början och ibland även vilket lack du lackat med.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Något att testa är att smörja naglarna pyttelite med något fett och sen på med detta på. Då kanske det blir skonsammare och dessutom större sjok och mindre svett ;) hihi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know the NPB version, but I sometimes use the Essence Peel Off basecoat, which is basically the same thing. Removing gets easier if your nails had contact with warm/hot water. I always remove it while showering or taking a bath, it's easiest that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi doll, I was really curious to read this review!! And haha for getting a bit sweaty - who would have thought that nailpolish can provide a work-out exercise - LOL!!! Well but I had some glitter on my nails too this week and I remove it with the basic method: elbow grease and swearing ;-). I have a friend who love to paint nails but has nails that peel badly. Would you have an advice for her how to treat her nails and if there's anything she could do? Great post!!!! Viele Küsschen xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jag testade min A-peel igår! :D Tycker den funkar bra! jag tom lyckades få den att lossna i rätt stora bitar. På sidorna satt den lite hårdare men det kan bero på att jag hade för tunna lager. Tummen upp för Glitter A-Peel! Tack snälla lilla lady för att du köpte den åt mig!:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kul att läsa din recension! På mig släpper det för det mesta i stora sjok med Glitter A Peel. Har visserligen inte använt den på ett tag men för mig var snarare problemet att lacket släppte lite för lätt, om jag till exempel slog i handen så hände det att stora sjok av lacket lossnade. Beror nog mycket på hur ens naglar ser ut hur den basen beter sig...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful :) Questions will be answered here as soon as possible. Spam will automatically not be published and/or deleted. Thank you for reading!